Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Music Speaks


Hi There!!!  It is a very wet morning here in Southern Iowa.  The rain is done but it's supposed to be cloudy all day.  The sun is back out tomorrow and the grass, I'm sure, is going to shoot up quickly.

I have lots of various backgrounds sitting around - playing is fun!!  I'm pretty sure this piece of water color paper has Brushos on it.  Over the brushos I've glued a piece of Composer Tissue Wrap.  Once dry I added a thin layer of white paint to knock back the music.  Next I've stamped the Quietfire Design Dotted Harlequin background image (from QF or from Emerald Creek) using PaperArtsy Fresco paint Magic Moss (part of the Seth Apter Set #3) (Emerald Creek).  And I actually thought to take a picture at this point.


I added paint splatters with Fresco Finish Blue Lagoon (also in the #3 Seth Apter set).  I added more white paint in the area I wanted to stamp the quote - Quietfire Design, Where Words Fail stamp.  The quote is stamped and embossed in black.  Around the edges I've sponged on embossing ink and then embossed with Baked Texture Dirty Sand and while heating added spots of Patina Oxide.  After embossing those I then put embossing ink on the very edge and embossed with Patina Oxide.  I've attached the panel to a folded black card and finally added a die cut - Memory Box Party Music cut from black cardstock.




2 comments:

Claudia N. said...

Love how you've used the Fresco paints and Baked Texure on this beautiful card, Wanda!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

Claudia x

Seth said...

That is beautiful. I love how the colors pop out surrounded by the Dirty Sand frame.