Friday, December 22, 2017

Piggy Merry Christmas


Hello Friends!!!  This tag makes me smile and even giggle, lol.  I wanted a tag for someone that likes pigs.  The pig image is a really old PSX stamp.  I stamped onto Ranger's Mixed Media cardstock with Archival Ink Jet Black, added color using a water brush and Spun Sugar Distress Ink and cut it out.  I had a panel with the Mixed Media Poinsettia (Sizzix, Tim Holtz) die cut from a corner... I decided to trim it off to make a tag.  Color was added with Distress Oxide Inks (Iced Spruce, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron) using my craft sheet and then inked the edges with regular Distress Twisted Citron).  This is layered over an alcohol inked paper from my stash and trimmed to leave a small border.  Enamel Accents were added to the centers of the poinsettias and then, because I didn't want to wait, I dried them with my heat tool which caused bubbling of course but I didn't mind the added texture.  The words, merry and Christmas, are from the Merry Christmas Collection A Way With Words Clear Stamp Set.  I stamped them using Tim's Stamp Platform and VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  I added stenciling with one of Tim's mini stencils and Distress Evergreen Bough.  For the Santa hat I used a cutting die from Tim's smaller crazy birds with accessories set.  I colored the red with a Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker and then used Grit Paste along with Distress Dry Glitter Rock Candy for the white part.  Washi Tape, a Tim Holtz Holiday Talk Metallic Sticker, and twine finish it up. 



3 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun tag! I love the bright colours and your cute pig in the santa hat ...lol 😉. Thanks for the smiles and wishing you a wonderful Christmas too! J 😊

Quietfire said...

lol! Love it! Merry Pigmas!

Gio said...

This is so cool, fun and pretty unique! Have a Happy Festive Season :-)