Happy Saturday to you!!!!
This post is motivated by a few things. First, this weeks challenge at the Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog is Make Your Own Background. My most favorite thing to do is make backgrounds!!!! They also focused on Dylusions products - not a requirement for the challenge but I hadn't played with my sprays in awhile so that helped me decide what to do for the backgrounds. Second, I made some of my supply choices because of a sale happening at Quietfire Design. You can find a list of current specials HERE, but I focused on using some things from her "Almost Gone Forever" category. Everything in there is 60% off - the sale price will show when you put the item in the shopping cart - and it's always fun to dig out some older supplies that haven't been used in awhile (or to buy them when you can find a sale), like two Dylusions stencils (Dotted Flowers, Number Jumble) and two Tim Holtz cutting dies (Vintage Cabinet Card and Mini Cabinet Card. The flowers are Dylusion stamps. "You Are" is part of "This" Quietfire stamp set. Smiles is from "This" cutting die set. The butterflies are "This" Quietfire stencil. I've even taken some process photos for you.
I started with a piece of Mixed Media Cardstock cut to 4 1/2" x 6", sprayed on Dylusions in three colors, blotted, dried, put the stencil on, sprayed water, blotted, move stencil, spray water, blot, repeat until done and then dry.
Next is adding Distress ink through the other stencil. Finally (and I forgot to take a pic) I dripped water across the piece, blotted and dried.
I put the two dies together and cut them from Mixed Media Heavy Stock. Then I used the butterfly stencil to add white Texture Paste to the frame.
Once the paste was dry I sprayed the piece with Dylusions Bubblegum Pink and dried it. Then I put the stencil back on and added gold paint (Fresco Finish Gold - PaperArtsy) to the butterflies. The frame was attached to the background and shaded around the outside edge using Stabilo All pencil and a water brush. "You" and "Are" are stamped with Archival Ink Jet Black and a bit of white pen was used for a highlight. I first cut "Sweet" from black cardstock, then decided to also cut it from white and layer them and finally didn't like the black so cut it from pink and layered that to the others. Picked Raspberry Distress Ink was sponged along the bottom of the word. The edges of the background were distressed.
I sprayed another piece of paper with Dylusions Pure Sunshine and Lemon Zest, blotted, dried, laid the stencil on and sprayed Squeezed Orange... as you can see I got it too heavy on some of it and it all ran together which didn't really matter since this was going to be stamped on. I dripped on water, blotted and dried it. This gave a very nice mix of color and light and dark for the flowers.
I wasn't really sure how many flowers I was going to use so stamped a bunch and then cut them out.
I layered the two large flowers together and used shiny gold brads in the centers of the flowers. Once the flowers were all on I added some lighter shading around the inside of the frame and layered the whole piece onto black cardstock leaving a very small border. I thought the frame needed more so added dots of Ranger's Enamel Accents, Cheese Puff.
I sprayed another piece of paper with Dylusions, dried, dripped on water, blotted and dried. Attached the main panel to this one, distressed the edges, and attached it to a folded white card.
A fun, bright, colorful card!!! Let me know what you think!!