Monday, May 23, 2016

Make Today Amazing - Happy Birthday


Hello to You!!!  Last Monday I received an order I had placed for all the new PaperArtsy Infusions.  Woo-Hoo!!!!  And I needed to have a birthday card done for the next day so I had a little play.  I glued a hymnal page to cardstock using Distress Collage Medium.  I also brushed the medium over the music page and while it was still wet sprayed on some water and shook on some Infusions.  I didn't keep track of which colors I used - sorry.  Some areas got more water and some less.  I gave it a bit of time and dried it with the heat tool.  Infusions are dry crystals similar to Brushos but they also have crystals of walnut stain in them.  The color reacts with water immediately but the walnut stain takes a bit longer to react so if you don't want much brown, you just dry it right away... otherwise, allow a bit more time for the walnut to react also.  Way Cool!!!!  Once the Infusions were dry I stamp the star-flower image from Darcy's EDY14 (PaperArtsy) set of stamps with Versamark ink and embossed them with Copper Kettle powder (Powder Keg).  I used a white gel pen to bring out the image more.  The edges were distressed with the Distrezz-It-All.  On a scrap of Mixed Media Paper (Ranger) I stamped the flamingo from Darcy's EDY05 set using Archival Ink Jet Black (Ranger) and colored it in with Distress Markers and a Water Brush. I used a Silver Gel Pen to dot wherever there was a "rivet" and also in some other areas for highlights.  I cut the image out leaving a border.  "Happy Birthday" from the Jofy14 set (PaperArtsy) was stamped and then embossed with White Wow Puff Powder.  The words across the bottom are a piece of washi tape.  Once I stuck it down the letters faded too much so I scribbled white gel pen over them.  I recently got the new set of Tim Holtz gear dies so I cut some from cardstock, painted them with Fresco Finish Pewter (PaperArtsy) and attached them as shown. 


 



1 comment:

Tracey T said...

Love this Wanda, I've yet to have a proper go with my infusions but love the effect they have 😊