Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Turtle Christmas


Our daughter is a turtle lover/collector.  When I saw the Majestic Sea Turtles stencil from Stencil Girl, I just had to get it so I could make a card for her.  At the time I hadn't thought a Christmas card but it worked great and she loves the card.  I used Ranger's texture paste through the stencil.  After it was dry I put the stencil back on and inked over it with various Distress Inks.  Around the edges of the panel I inked with Distress Ink festive berry, flicked it with water and then pressed over it with a damp towel which blotted up the extra water and also gave the red ink a bit of a mottled look, and dried it really well.  The holly stamp is a PaperArtsy Lin Brown stamp from the ELB10 set.  I inked the stamp with both Versamark and fern green Archival ink, stamped it and embossed with a glittery green powder.  I repeated this all around the edges.  Then where the berries were I used a white paint marker over each berry, let it dry, and then put red glitter glue over each berry.  "Merry Christmas" is a Quietfire Design stamp from the fabulous Merry Christmas Plain & Simple set.  The hat is an image from the Dina Wakley Scribbly Holiday Birdies set.  I stamped it on a scrap of white paper with Archival Ink red geranium, cut it out, colored the red part with festive berry Distress Marker and then used flower soft and sparkly Fluff for the white areas.  




No comments: