Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Way With Words - Hello


A Happy Tuesday to you!!!!!!!  The past week really flew by; mostly because we spent 4 days in Minnesota visiting some of our family.  Both mine and my husbands siblings all live up there so it's hard to see them all in one trip.  We had a really good time!!

This is the second week of inspiration over on the Quietfire Creations blog sharing lots of fabulous projects using the new A Way With Words dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs designed by Suzanne.  Tomorrow I'll be sharing 3 cards on the QC blog.  

Today I'm sharing this card on my blog.  I've used the Hello Die (available on Quietfire Design and on Elizabeth Craft Designs) along with ECD's double sided adhesive and Silk Microfine Glitter in Chocolate.  

For the background I embossed white cardstock with the ECD embossing folder #118 Spring Leaves, sprayed the embossed piece with Dylusions sprays, blotted up the excess color, dried the piece, brayered on embossing ink so it only went on the leaves, embossed it with Ranger Wendy Vecchi embossing powder fern green, lightly sanded over the embossing with a sanding block leaving the green color but taking off the shine, brushed Distress paint picket fence over the bottom part to mute it a bit where the Hello would be added, and distressed the edges.  

I took a piece a paper from "the box" (looks to be a piece I did the polished stone technique on) and die cut two leaf branches using the ECD die #1034 Flourishes & Branches and glued these as shown on the card leaving much of it without adhesive so the leaves look more natural.  

The butterfly is the large butterfly stamp from the Quietfire Design set Butterflies/Dragonflies.  I inked it with Distress Ink ripe persimmon and vintage photo, stamped it, cut it out, glued it to the card in just the body area and added glittered sticky back gems.  The whole piece is attached to a folded white card.


On this next picture I've tried to show how the glitter sparkles in the light... not sure I succeeded... but it looks great in person!!


1 comment:

Quietfire said...

Wanda, this is absolutely gorgeous! Wow, what eye candy!