Monday, August 10, 2015

A Way With Words - Happy Birthday


Happy Monday!!!  I hope you had a good weekend.  Ours was busy but very good!!!

Today begins two weeks worth of blog posts on the Quietfire Creations Blog showing the brand new, just released A Way With Words dies!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you'll pop over there and continue to follow along to see all the fabulous projects.  Many design team members are also sharing additional projects on their own blogs!!!

So I said I would share about this card today.  I die cut the word Friends several times from regular white cardstock to use as a mask on the Gelli Plate.  With those ready I brayered Fresco Finish Paints on my 6" x 6" plate, laid on the die cuts - you want to put them on backwards so when you pull the print they read correctly, pressed on a sheet of white cardstock rubbing well, and pulled my print.  I loved it immediately!!!  Once dry I trimmed down the print and began making my card.  I wanted to add some stenciling and used the ECD die #1027 Bricks to cut my own stencil and stenciled on Fresco Finish paint.  Happy Birthday is die cut from both purple and black cardstock.  I layered these offsetting them just a bit and glued them to the background.  The doodles around the edge are done with a Pitt pen and I also inked the edges with Distress Ink.  A piece of washi tape is attached and wrapped to the back.  Next I added an ECD peel-off leaf sticker from set #2530 and colored in the leaves with a Distress marker.  Purple twine is wrapped around the panel and then it's attached to a folded white card.  Finally the white dots were added with a Posca pen.


It was one of my bestest friends' birthday a couple weeks ago and was going to use this card which I thought came out wonderful but just as I was going to get it ready I decided I really needed to make it a bit more personal.  I carefully (while trying to keep the twine out of the way of the acrylic block) stamped "My friend" with Archival Ink jet black.  My friend also really likes birds so I wanted to add one.  I'd just gotten the new dies that matched the Tim Holtz crazy birds so I stamped, colored, and die cut one to use.  Ta-da.. a card just right for my friend!!!



1 comment:

Clare said...

I love this Wanda! The background print is super and the bird on the front is coloured beautifully. Hugs Clare x