Friday, November 28, 2014

Peace


This is a regular sized card.  "PEACE" is a Quietfire Design stamp from the set Celtic Christmas.  I stamped the word on a scrap and embossed it Queen's Gold powder.  I added color with a marker, trimmed the paper and edged the piece with fired brick Distress Ink.  My plan was to leave the white all white but then I got a couple of small smears I think from touching marker that hadn't dried so I decided to speckle it.  For the background, I started with manila card, embossed it with an embossing folder, lightly sprayed on some Spray Distress Stain (bundled sage, old paper, peeled paint), dried it, lightly rubbed Treasure Gold (ruby) over the high spots.  Some stacked Prima poinsettias, leaves, gold ribbon, and gold gems finishes it off.


5 comments:

Quietfire said...

Gorgeous Wanda! Love that background!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card with an awesome background. The embellishments are perfect.

Ruth said...

A lovely card and the background looks so textured, a treat! Ruth x

Holly said...

Fantastic Wanda! Love the texture, colours, design,,,everything!

Felicia said...

This is such a beautiful card Wanda! I really love the colors, which happen to be in my lineup of faves! I have a Big Shot on my Christmas wish list (I know, I am the only crafter on the planet without one! LOL) and then I can hopefully make some cards as lovely as this one! I really like the embossing on it!! And those little gold beads just add the right touch! And, by the way, I like the "happy mistake" you made with the ink! I think it worked in your favor, my friend! :) Blessings to you!