Saturday, November 29, 2014

Creativity takes Courage.


I took a little time to just play and made this journal page!!  Our daughter and her family are here for the holiday weekend and she loves to stamp and get painty too.  I've used PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints in my background.  I started with yellow submarine, bora bora, candy floss, and guacamole.  I also scooped up a few colors that my daughter had left over from some canvases she's been working on.  All the stamps I've used are from the PaperArtsy Sara Naumann set #ESN09.  I used some of the stamps in the background with paint (yellow submarine or snowflake).  I used the ray stamp along the right side stamped with Archival ink jet black. A leaf image from the Lin Brown stencil #PS002 is stenciled in the background with paint (guacamole and hey pesto).  The quote is stamped with jet black.  I used a gel medium jar lid and little black dress paint to stamp the large circles.  I then stenciled the leaf stem with a mix of Grunge Paste with hey pesto and hyde park paint.  Once the paste dried I added some white paint marker along the stem and used my finger to add Archival Ink emerald green over the paste.  I also added white marker to some of the letters in the quote and made dots around the quote.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great journal page !!! You always use colors so wonderfully !!

SCarol said...

Really love this and such a true quote!

Holly said...

Love the colour intensity Wanda, and how well you combine them all. Great stuff!

Felicia said...

Love, love this Wanda! It's like a breath of fresh air looking at those colors! I agree with that quote as well! Or as I like to think, a step of faith! I am so glad your daughter was home and you guys got to craft together! I know what that meant to you and to your relationship...I feel the same when I craft with my girl!! Blessings to you today, my friend! :)

Ruth said...

So pretty and vibrant, just going to catch up with all your lovely work, though I have caught glimpses of your PaperArtsy trio. Ruth x