Friday, August 29, 2014

Give Thanks Canvas



Quietfire Design has 4 new sets of stamps and this canvas uses one of the stamps from the Give Thanks set.   When I received the new stamps and looked through them, this was the one I wanted to use first and I just felt like making a canvas.  

The canvas is 6" square.  I started by painting it with Fresco Finish paints (mushroom, rose, sage), drying it and also stenciling on some rose through the 6x6 TCW stencil (tiny circles).  I stamped the quote onto tissue paper with Archival Ink jet black and glued it onto the canvas with gel medium both under and over the tissue.  Next I wanted texture and pulled out my jar of Golden glass bead gel I got a few months ago and hadn't tried yet... yum!!!  I've decided I way too much fun stuff just sitting around and I need to start using it!!!  Wonderful things but it seems I get something, use it a bit, and then it's on to the next thing and the other stuff gets left behind.  I have a shelf full of different sprays that are like this.  I love spray!!!  Of course, new ones are fun and then there is the fact that you can't use everything all the time!!  Anyway I grabbed a couple of bottles of Glimmer mist (both greens) and sprayed it over the bead gel.  I kept it off the quote area by holding a baby wipe there while spraying... a fabulous tricked learned at the Finnabair classes I attended.  I blotted up any spots that had too much spray and then dried it.  Next I used some renaissance Treasure Gold around the edges of the beaded area and down some on the sides of the canvas.  I cut the flowers and greenery from the Sizzix Tim Holtz strip dies (tattered floral garden and Spring greenery) - the butterflies were left over from cutting with the butterfly frenzy die - and sprayed all the pieces with Glimmer Mist.  After they were dry I added shading with Distress Inks and stamped the flowers and leaves with a variety of background images (Wendy Vecchi Studio 490) and the butterflies with an old Inkadinkado stamp. Some metal pieces (Prima Finnabair), brads, and pearls finish things up.


6 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is so beautiful,the colours are striking,very inspiring, Thankyou for sharing xxx

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Wanda this is gorgeous. I'm loving the bead gel. Oh my another product I don't have. I might have to go shopping ha Ha.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Oh. My. Goodness!

You outdid yoursels on this one, Wanda! It is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Juste beautiful, Wanda! Love how you've done the flowers, especially.

Marjie Kemper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marjie Kemper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.