Sunday, May 5, 2013

Filled With Love and Laughter


I've used another of Quietfire's newest stamps from the Home - Congratulations set.  The house pieces are Wendy Vecchi Art Parts.  I painted the full house shape (it extends behind the triangle piece) with Distress Ink antique linen putting a couple of coats on the area that would be seen with the bricks.  After it was dry I used Wendy's brick stencil and stencil paste to add the bricks and let it dry.  I then laid the stencil back on and painted the bricks with Distress Paint picked raspberry, removed the stencil and let the house dry.  For both the rafter/overhang piece and the triangle piece (oh, and I'm sure I don't really have these pieces put together right as with a house the triangle piece would not be on top of the overhang) I first coated them with Adirondack pigment ink snow cap, let that dry and then put Distress Ink vintage photo over it and let it dry... then I decided I didn't really want to go that way and painted the overhang piece with picked raspberry DP and for the triangle I thought it'd be really cool to add a Quietfire flourishing inside heart embedded in embossing paste.  I stamped the larger heart with Archival Ink magenta hue onto a scrap of manila card (now that it's finished, I wish I had used the smaller heart) and cut it out.  I mixed antique linen DP with some white paste, smeared it on the triangle, pressed the heart into it and added texture to the paste with the end of my pallet knife.  May your home be filled with love is stamped onto manila card, edged with magenta hue ink and then roughed up with the Distressing tool.  The on-the-edge fence was cut from manila card, painted with snow cap Distress Paint and inked a bit with vintage photo DI.  The flowers are yellow paper flowers with a bit of ripe persimmon DI sponged on and Liquid Pearls copper for the center.  The leaves are a Punch Bunch punch. 


4 comments:

Quietfire said...

This is adorable Wanda! Love the picket fence and flowers. So sweet! Thanks for using the stamp - my goodness you're on a creative roll this weekend! I wish I could keep up. ;-)

Nancy said...

This is so pretty! Nice & 'springy'!

Nan G said...

Adorable! Love the wv brick stencil! My you have been a busy bee the past few days. I so enjoy your work!

Cindy Rescorl said...

SO CUTE!!!