Monday, May 20, 2013

Courage

First, my heart goes out to all those effected by the recent storms.  You are in my prayers!!!



And now on to this card.  It's been in my drafts for quite some time and finally I can share it.  The quote is a stamp from Quietfire Design, you can find it HERE.  

I took a "mop-up" piece of cardstock... translation - a piece of paper used to pick up extra color from a craft sheet while working on a project.  This piece picked up excess from more than one project. 



I decided on an area for my quote and stamped it with Archival Ink jet black.  


Next I placed a Spellbinder's die over the paper, used a marked ruler to be sure the quote was straight and evenly spaced within the die, taped the die in place with removable tape and ran it through my Vagabond.


I tied a Distress Ink colored 4mm silk ribbon around the piece.  My layers are cut from Core'dinations Adirondack cardstock and distressed with a sanding block.  Four black, sticky-backed gems.  



10 comments:

SusanK said...

What a lovely piece and I can't think of a more fitting sentiment for this horrible wave of storms that has hit the citizens of Oklahoma.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

your card brought tears to my eyes so many I know in okc my sons other grandparents..truly a beautiful card
susan s

Quietfire said...

This is a perfectly timed card Wanda....
I don't know how you decided which part of your "mop up" to use! And I love your tip about using your ruler to align the die.
Beautifully done.

Tristan Robin said...

thoughtful and kind - lovely piece!

(I want to spend the afternoon with you in a room playing with spray mists! You're really a master at it!)

Turid said...

Such a lovely card, and such a lovely Message. A really must have stamp, so right for so many situations.
I was worrying about you when I heard about the storms, so I am happy to see that you are all right. My heart goes out to everyone that has been the victim of this terrible weather.

Linda Ward said...

I simply love your "mop up" pieces of card stock. Great card and perfect for the times we are in right now.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful! Mop ups make the most beautiful backgrounds for sure!

Lori said...

Beautiful Wanda!

Marjie Kemper said...

Isn't that the truth! Love that gorgeous background you made for the diecut sentiment.

Krista Hentges said...

Love the quote...not big on the color combo though...