Sunday, April 21, 2013

Serenity


Hello!!!!!!!!  I'm finally getting around to using one of Quietfire Design's stamp releases from last month.  You can see all three new stamps HERE.  

I started with a 'mop-up' paper I had...  I recently saw someone (so sorry I can't remember who) call a paper they had used to pick-up extra color off a craft sheet when working on a project a mop-up piece and I love the terminology.... and that is what most of my background is - a mop-up piece.  All the color (I know this because if I look at the back it started as a white piece of cardstock) is from mop-up,  mostly likely Dylusions sprays and also Perfect Pearl Sprays (I can see the Perfect Pearls when the paper is tipped).  All I added to the background is Dylusions white linen to soften the color a bit.  I sprayed it through a stencil, did not blot up the extra (this allowed it bleed out a bit) and dried it and then also sponged some around the edges and dried it.  I stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black on a semi-gloss piece of white cardboard (I got a whole box of this cardboard at a garage sale a closing business was having... yay), dried it and die cut with Spellbinders Labels Seventeen.  Sprayed that piece with Dylusions fresh lime, blotted up the extra and dried it.  Applied Distress Ink pine needles around the edge using a blending tool.  Colored in the leaves with a Tombow marker.  The leafy vines are a Sizzix die, die cut from manila card, sprayed with Dylusions and water, dried and then I used a stylus to press a line down the center of each leaf.  The large flower is Tim Holtz Sizzix Alteration Tattered Florals die cut from manila card, sprayed with Perfect Pearls, dried and Distress Ink Victorian Velvet sponged around the edges.  The yellow flower started as This white flower then sprayed with Dylusions lemon zest and then Perfect Pearls Mist sunflower sparkle.  A letter brad added to the center.  





5 comments:

SusanK said...

That is so pretty! Sometimes mop up backgrounds are the best because they are so random and can go in many directions afterwards.

Kathy Eddy said...

Very pretty piece Wanda! Love the terminology too! I often think it's a shame to throw away the scratch paper on the desk under the projects. Glad I am not alone.

Quietfire said...

What a great background! Just lovely Wanda! Thanks so much for using the stamp.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love mop-ups, too! Yours is gorgeous, Wanda, and I love the accent on your flower.

Linda Ward said...

I had better start saving my "mop ups". They are never as beautiful as yours. Great card !!!