Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Very Awesome


Check out the background.... isn't if fabulous!!!  And oh so easy!!  I started with Ranger's Specialty Stamping Paper... sprayed it with Dylusions Spray pure sunshine and dried it - No blotting, No pressing, No manipulating the color at all... leave it along and just dry it with your heat tool.  On the specialty paper is makes the most wonderful design if you just let it be... somewhat pooling and giving you lighter and darker areas all by itself... now for this one (I have a card doing this that I haven't shared yet, maybe tomorrow) I wanted even more "spots" than you get just spraying and drying so I also flicked on some water, blotted it and dried it again... this gave it some even lighter areas and more variation... for the most part the spots you see that are more round are from the flicking.  I then added mowed lawn Distress Ink around the edges using a blending tool.  For the flowers I used a really inexpensive watercolor paper from Michael's... an Artist's Loft value pack... you get 100 sheets in the pack... it's not that great of watercolor paper but it works great for flowers (and I'm sure I'll find other uses for it).  I die cut 6 flowers (Tim's tattered floral die)... sprayed the center of each flower with Dylusions pure sunshine and the petals with Dylusions london blue and also sprayed on some water... mostly, but not all the way, dried the flowers, crumpled each one up and finished drying them.  Stamped each with the Studio 490 dots background using Archival aquamarine... stacked up 3 flowers and stapled them in the center with Tim's tiny attacher.  Stamped the scripture (Our Daily Bread Designs) on the card with Archival ink.   Added the crystals to the card, glued on the flowers and then glued chunky silver glass glitter to the centers using Glossy Accents and let it dry.  The leaves are die cut from grungepaper (larger leaves are Spellbinders and smaller are Sizzix)... colored them with Distress Ink mowed lawn... tucked and glued them in as shown.  Dyed some seam binding with dylusions pure sunshine and added as shown.

I'm entering this in the Frilly and Funkie Inspiration Photo Challenge.





15 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

now I must get some of that paper oohh oohh i kept saying beautiful ! I must learn this one.beautiful!
susan s.

Nan G said...

Wanda, this is fabulous! Love the background! Oh to,get my hands on some these Dylusions sprays. Everyone is raving about them.

SusanK said...

Gorgeous! Love how the background is so mottled!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!

Linda Ward said...

You are a background artist !!! Mine never look as good as yours even though I try. Beautiful flowers.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is an absolute delight, Wanda! Awesome work with the Dylusions sprays - your BG is amazing! And the flowers, well, I'm positively drooling over them. Must try watercolor paper for some flowers because the way yours are wrinkled looks really cool. Such beautiful color blending work and I love the dots. Could you tell me which Studio 490 set the polka dot stamp is in? I have one but it is smaller dots and I've been looking for a stamp with larger dots.

So happy to have you back with us again this time at Frilly and Funkie. You really rocked the challenge for us!

Alexandra said...

Wanda your card is stunning. I LOVE it. The BG is wonderful it's amazing all these variations of colour from one Dylusions Spray colour. It IS pure sunshine, looks like the molten images you get of the sun on the Discovery channel. Your watercolour paper flowers are gorgeous too. The colours are great together.

Eyeleeeen said...

This card is absolutely stunning! I love that paper too, but have mainly used it when stamping something I will be coloring. It takes stamping so beautifully. But now I know how well it accepts the sprays too. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm not that into bright colors or bling, but this is just gorgeous!

Lori said...

Gorgeous Wanda! I love the tip about the Dylusions spray for the background too, will have to try that!

Linda M. Cain said...

Simply GORGEOUS!

~Linda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Utterly fantastic!!! What a beautiful treat for the eyes! Love your Dylusions technique as well, and the colors came out beautifully! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Seriously gorgeous! Love your spin on the photo interpretation, Wanda. So glad to have you with us again at Frilly and Funkie!

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Wandy your card is so beautiful.

Greetings from Germany
Anke