Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rock Out


This is the other card I mentioned in my last post.  I made this for our son and mailed it to him while he was at camp last week.  He's 15... yes, pink is his favorite color... and, yes, he plays guitar - both acoustic and electric.  It was when I made this card that I learned what a cool pattern it makes to spray Dylusions onto Ranger's Specialty Stamping paper and dry it.  There is not any added flicking of water or anything with this piece.  All the variation in the pink color is just from how the color lays on the paper.  I stamped with Archival Ink jet black.  The guitar and amp are from I Brake For Stamps.  I drew the cord with a black pen.  I used alphabet stamps for the writing.  I haven't had my alphabet stamps out in forever but have been inspired lately by how much Tammy Tutterow uses alphabet stamps.  I originally didn't plan to add the black ink around the edges but while I was stamping the letters I somehow got some ink on my finger and smudged it in the bottom right corner.  I thought about leaving it thinking Tim probably wouldn't care anyway but it really bugged me so then I added the black in using the ink blending tool and it actually looked really good. Added white dots along the top and bottom... perfect.  The piece is attached to a folded glossy black cardstock card.  


4 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome!!!

Linda Ward said...

I bet Tim loved this card. It is very striking.

Nan G said...

You sure rocked those colors!! Great card!

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous, Wanda! i didn't realize we had boys so close in age. Love the pink and black. Hope he's enjoying music camp.