Thursday, May 24, 2012

Live The Moment


When I'm playing with inks or sprays (or even actually making something with a purpose) many times I get extra pieces because I blot up extra ink either from the craft sheet or from the paper I'm working on and I save these papers for future project... I know the beginning of this background is from that.  I stamped the leaves along the bottom.  Then thought I needed more "something" in the background and so I took a plastic canvas circle, layed it on and sprayed a corner and then sprayed another corner.  I love how that turned out... it's like movement radiating from the fish swimming through the water.  Now the fish... when Suzanne mailed me the new Quietfire Design stamps she put an outline fish sticker on the back of the envelope... I carefully peeled it off and then used it on this atc.  After sticking it down I colored in the fish using first Tombow marker and then either Glaze (red and orange) or Souffle pens (yellow).  I also added light grey marker around the outside edge of the fish.  I made air bubbles using Ranger's Glossy Accents and then decided I didn't want them to just be clear and so I used white Enamel Accents over each one.  Black pen squiggles and dots around the edges.  Live the moment words are cut from Tim's Words to Say.

I am also entering this in the current Frilly and Funky challenge which is Stencils and Masks.


7 comments:

SusanK said...

I'm really drawn to this...the colors, layout, everything!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I love it1 saving that sticker was worth it...awesome!I am into fish and mermaids and the beach and fish lately...maybe i need to go to florida for a while lol.
hugs,
susan s.

Nan G said...

Mr. Fish is fabulous! Love the inferred motion. He is soo Cool. In the short time I've been following, I have learned so much! Techniques new to me that I will start trying in my everyday stamping (card making)!

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, this fish is stunning, I luv it...fabulous card...so glad you played along with us at F&F!

enjoy *~*

Marjie Kemper said...

Wanda, your ATC is gorgeous! Love the way you used only parts of the stencil... super effect! The bubbles treatment is also really cool, as is the fish itself. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Frilly & Funkie! Hope you'll be a regular.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the way you repurposed the fish....it's great too! Your stencils and masks are wonderful...hard to believe you can fit this much on an ATC! That is really a wonderful design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Anonymous said...

Wow fantastic ATC ! Love the colours and all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x