Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Prize and A Tag

In December Ranger Ink shared 12 Days of Ornaments on their blog and they gave away prizes just for commenting.  This picture, taken from their blog, shows what the prize consisted of and I was thrilled when I was one of the final prize winners!!!  Woo-Hoo!!!! Sooo......


...as I was creating using my new Antiquated Collection stamps plus I had this wonderful prize sitting here I decided I should use some of it also.  I realized that this lady from the Society Lady set would look perfect in the Memory Frame.  I stamped her onto natural sticky back canvas using jet black Archival Ink, colored her using Cut n' Dry Nibs and Distress Ink, added white to the pearls with the Inkssential pen, added ruby slippers Glitz Stickles onto the 'berry' (or whatever they are) areas of the hat and rubbed some crystal ice Ice Stickles around the edges.  When it was all dry I sandwiched it between 2 pieces of Memory glass and into the frame.  For the background I did Tim's wrinkle free distress technique with festive berries Distress Ink, dried it, stamped the background image (Studio 490 background from the set Sentimental Art) with Archival Ink sepia, added Distress Ink vintage photo around the edges using an ink blending tool.  Added lace, brown mini rickrack, and sticky back pearls (cream over the rickrack and red on the lace) to the bottom part of the tag.  Hung a heart charm from the loop on the Memory Frame and attached the piece to the tag.  Stamped "Society lady" onto a scrap of cardstock, sponged on festive berries ink, and attached it as shown.  Rubbed a bit of the crystal ice Stickles around the edge of the tag and tied lace to the top to finish things off.  



This picture captions some of the sparkle from the Stickles.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

congrats on the win and Happy New Year!!!

Retta said...

Congratulation!! I love what you do!!

Cindy Cade said...

So lovely! Congratulations on your win, you both got a prize, you the stuff and Tim more great advertising with your post! :-)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful! I am loving the gorgeous color and tag! Congrats for your winning!

Marjie Kemper said...

Super win! I love the way you've framed your lady and the background is fantastic, Wanda.

BlackCats said...

Another great background. Lovely tag.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

oh wow love it so Victorian. beautiful the colors are just awesome and i love the framed lady.

congratulations on your win I am happy for you.

susan s.

Lisa M. Pace said...

It's so fun seeing what you create using my new stamp line. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

Hugs!

Stamped Impressions said...

Very nice Wanda! Congratulations on your win!

tea said...

I am so exited that you won! What a great winner Tim picked. Yay! And what a stunning tag, I especially like the picture taken sideways, gives a real good impression of the 3d of it. Yay again!

Kay S said...

Gorgeous and lucky you for winning a prize.

Netty said...

Oh wow congratulations Wanda on a fabulous prize and your tag is totally gorgeous my friend, x

Sugar Lump Studios said...

what a gorgeous tag Wanda and fantastic prize! Big congrats to you! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Ohhh Wanda. your such a lucky gal. Great stash of playthings!!!
Gorgeous tag. Love the framed piece.
Hugs Lynn