Saturday, April 30, 2011

Steampunkin'

Last week I had seen a post on Lynn Steven's blog Trash to Treasure Art of some steampunk atcs she made using some images I really liked and followed her link to Inka Heaton's blog Altered Artifacts in search of the images which I bought in her Etsy store here (I noticed another sheet this morning that I had to have and ordered).  Last night I put these atcs together for an in-person swap I have today.  

For the backgrounds I embossed using Tim's atc size gears embossing folder... then they were sprayed with Color Wash Sprays and Perfect Pearl Spray heirloom gold... highlighted the gears and edgess using either the silver or pearl Paint Dabber.  I then built up from there.

On this first atc I colored the flowers with Distress Stains.  There is some stamping in the background with Archival Ink.  The words are a stamp (Inky Antics), stamped and cut apart.  A tiny watch part on the girls hat over the printed gears and a little key that I think is 7 gypsies.



The stamps (light bulb on the background and Steampunk) are Studio 490 images.  Glossy Accents on the goggles.  Tim's Ideology gears and brad.  Black Enamel Accents along the bottom.


For this one, again the lightbulb is Studio 490.  It is stamped a few times on the background and then I have one stamped on Studio 490 Clearly For Art (this is awesome stuff).  I used Archival Ink jet black for stamping, dried the ink, heated the bulb until soft and rounded the bulb area - Way Cool!!!!  Some screen along the bottom.  A couple of Tim Holtz mini gear die cuts colored with Distress Stain and the white dots are White Enamel Accents.  Bright Ideas is hand written.


On this last one the black dots are made by sponging ink through sequin waste.  7 Gypsies metal along the bottom.  Watch parts along the left side.  A flat backed key (K&Company) and some ball chain that I antiques by sponging some black Archival Ink on it and heating it.

16 comments:

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Love your blog Wanda! and these little punker's look like they have found the perfect home to punk around in too :)) Love the way you did the backgrounds! The screen along the bottom is an especially nice touch. Adding the gears on the bottom one really enhances the background there too. Each one has the perfect touches to complete that steampunker's feel :)

ALTERED ARTIFACTS said...

Love your blog Wanda! and these little punker's look like they have found the perfect home to punk around in too :)) Love the way you did the backgrounds! The screen along the bottom is an especially nice touch. Adding the gears on the bottom one really enhances the background there too. Each one has the perfect touches to complete that steampunker's feel :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Wanda:
Once again, your blog has got me going! I think this last series of little gems is just BEAUTIFUL. I love each of them, and think I have to try to make something along the same lines. They are just adorable. Thank you for a very nice browse!
Sally in France

SusanK said...

Cool! Wish I could be in my art room today but trying to take advantage of the weather and work outside...in the heavy wind but what are you going to do?!?!?

Kathy Eddy said...

Fun atcs Wanda. Lovin that Steampunk!

Turid said...

These are really different. So much knowledge is applied and compliment the fun pictures. I see a new side of you as an artist and I really, really like what I see.
What are the flowers on the bottom of I thin¨k it was the first ATC?

Netty said...

These are all terrific Wanda. I love seeing Steam Punk but just cannot get my head around it. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the look of Steampunk...have never given it a try...just popped over to the Altered Artifacts and picked up the sheet.....Thanks for enabling....

Lori said...

These are really outstanding, Wanda. Just love them. Really great job! Love how you incorporated Wendy's stamps in these.

Linda M. Cain said...

Oh, I love them all!!!! But the one with the wings just grabs my heart! Fantastic work!

Linda

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Wanda.... these are AMAZING. Love each one. Your backgrounds are fantastic and the images are too cool!

donna said...

These are all fantastic!

AJ said...

Very cool, love the embossing!!! images are cool...

AJ said...

Very cool, love the embossing!!! images are cool...

Melissa Bolton said...

Love your blog -and your creations~I especially like the steampunk pieces in this post!

Peggy B said...

I say DITTO to all the previous comments!!! And i also want ot commend you on how well you included your information!!! It was very generous of you to share that infomation!!