Friday, October 29, 2010

Chunky ATC Swap on the Everything Wendy Vecchi Yahoo Group





 


This is the first Chunky ATC I've made... it's for a swap on the Everything Wendy Vecchi Yahoo Group and is making it's way to Mary.  I really enjoyed making it!!!! 

If you are not sure what a Chunky ATC is... you start with a piece of 2x4 wood cut to a length of 2 1/2".  A 2 x 4 is actually only 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" so when you cut the length you, you have a piece of wood that is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" thick... very cool. 

I first painted the chunky with Distress Crackle Paint tattered rose and let it dry.  I then used espresso Paint Dabber.. working in small sections I rubbed it on getting into the cracks and then wiped the extra off with a damp towel... leaving the cracks a dark brown and tinting the crackle paint a very nice old look.  All stamping and die cutting was done on either grungepaper or board. 

14 comments:

Netty said...

Wow this is fabulous Wanda, never seen one of these before.
Annette x

Hels Sheridan said...

totally and utterly... DIV~INE Wanda.. thanks for sharing x

Kathy Eddy said...

This is an amazing piece of art Wanda! Truly amazing!

2amscrapper said...

What a great chunky ATC! That birdcage was a great idea!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Goodness- gorgeous piece of art!!!

Zafran ali said...

This is an amazing piece of art Wanda really really gorgeous.superb work. gifts send to
Pakistan

SusanK said...

Fantabulous!

Linda M. Cain said...

VERY cool! I LOVE the texture!
Linda

Lori said...

Awesome Wanda! Love that crackled look, so vintage! All the other elements are just too cool!

Tami said...

WOW! Love it, Wanda!!
Hugs,
Tami

Yogi said...

fabulous. LOve the crackle on the wood block and all the elements look soooo good.

Well this is the first time I've heard of a chunky ATC. BIG GRIN

I made a bunch of wood blocks but as paper weights and slithly longer than ATC size. So I guess I'll be cutting some of my unpainted blocks down a bit.

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Wanda, I have been wanting to try some of these chunky atc's.
FABULOUS art!!!!

Jester said...

These are all stunning - amazing work!

wendy vecchi said...

this is sooooo cool Wanda!
love everything about it!