Saturday, June 26, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #2


The CCC week #2 Challenge is Fragments Basics.  All stamps used on this tag are Tim Holtz.  I stamped the saying with Archival ink jet black onto a piece of Tim Holtz paper from the Lost and Found stack and added my fragment over it.  After it was dried and trimmed I dabber around the edges with gold paint dabber but then decided white would be better and went back over it... you can see some gold peeking through the white which is very cool.  For the tag I stamped the flourish image with white paint dabber, dried it and then added Distress Inks spun sugar, crushed olive, and victorian velvet.  Next is a piece of Tim's tissue tape (from the nostalgic pack) down the right side... I only put about half the tape on the front and then folded it to the back.  Added some pumice stone ink around all the edges.  The large flower is grungepaper cut with Tim's tattered florals die, colored with victorian velvet... then stamped a "speckle" image over the flower with white paint dabber and also touched the dabber on the edges of the petals.  I also cut little slits between the petals so I could give them more shape.  Silk leaves under the flower and a peach colored silk flower in the center.  The small flowers down the right side are punched from white cardstock colored with victorian velvet.  Again I added a little white paint dabber to the tips of the petals, attached them with Glossy Accents and added a white sticky back pearl to each center.  Fibers added to the top, white wire holds them together and also is used to attach the Ideology piece which I used my finger to gently rub white paint dabber over the letters to bring them out. 

9 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

It's gorgeous, Wanda! You attention to detail is impeccable, and I love the way you designed this around the Fragment. That floral pattern is one of my very favorite papers!

Thanks you so much for playing along with Challenge 2, and I very much hope you'll be back again next week!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Wanda, i love the way you made the background especially
hugs June xxx

Yogi said...

very nice. lots of details

Nan said...

Wonderful tag...really love all the techniques you used!

Maggie said...

Great Tag love all the detail and the colour combo

Maggie

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Sweet, I luv your colors, great tag GF

Lori said...

Love it Wanda! As always, stellar work!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wanda, So great to see you doing the CC challenges too. This is awesome!
Hugs Lynn

lovetostamp said...

Wanda - Absolutely love this - the colors and design is awesome!

LynneZ