Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thank You Cards

I've been working on some Thank You cards. For this first one I started with a piece of canvas and did Tim Holtz's wrinkle free distress technique on it using Distress Ink scattered straw and shabby shutters, dried it and then stamped it with a Studio 490 background image with Archival Ink sepia. Next I sewed it to a piece of cardstock also adding stitching for the flower stems. The flowers are made using Maya Road mini chipboard gears... on two of them I used Duo Adhesive and variegated foil... on the other two I used Distress Ink and then Distress Stickles. For the centers of the flowers I used an Ideology foliage and buttons. The letters for thank you are also Maya Road mini chipboards, "jonathan", sponged with Distress Ink peeled paint and stamped with another Studio 490 background image using Archival Ink jet black. The butterfly is also a Studio 490 image stamped onto grungepaper with jet black, sponged with Adirondack ink wild plum, cut out, white dots added to the body with the Inkssential white pen, antenna made with craft wire. The whole piece was added to a green folded card.


The second Thank You card begins with a piece of white cardstock, I glued on a piece of striped tissue paper, then the flower paper, and then added the green strip of cardstock that was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder. "Thanks", a Quietfire Design image, was stamped on white cardstock. The metal frame was a color that didn't work so I painted it gold using a Paint Dabber giving it extra presses so the paint would be textured. I also sponged around the edges of the background with the gold paint dabber. Attached "thanks" to the back of the metal frame, added it to the background with brads along with the Prima flowers and attached the whole piece to a folded orange card.



2 comments:

heavenlyacres said...

The really funny thing is that I saw your card here the day before I received it in the mail. LOL!

I love the card. You're the best! And thank you for the wonderful birthday gift. I'm planning when I can put it to use.

Shirley said...

Oh my gosh! I love the unique flowers on your first one and the really pretty ones on the second too!