Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Imagination Tag



Here's a tag I just finished today and it's inspired by a package of fun stuff that I won from Wendy on the new yahoo group EverythingWendyVecchi. The package included the new Rock Candy Crackle paint and the new Rock Candy Distress Stickles... woohoo!!! I started the tag with a technique that Wendy Vecchi recently posted on her blog called pigments and pearls and for that I used Adirondack pigment inks sail boat blue and bottle along with Perfect Pearls perfect gold mixed in a mini mister bottle. After the background was dry I coated the whole tag with Rock Candy crackle paint and let that dry, then around the edges I rubbed on Distress Ink peeled paint working it into the cracks and then wiping it off the top with a damp cloth. Stamped the quote (Tim Holtz) on with Archival ink jet black. Punched two flowers from grungepaper, colored them with Distress Ink broken china, sprayed them with the gold perfect pearls spray, added gold paint around the edges, layered them with some Ideology floral pieces and attached it to the tag. Then I put Rock Candy Distress Stickles on the petal of the top flower and made some swirls coming out from the flower with Peeled Paint Distress Stickles. Lastly I added some ribbon to the top attaching it using the mini attacher and added a trinket pin that says Ideas.

10 comments:

Nettie said...

beautiful work Wanda! lucky you having the rock candy crackle paint;o {hugs} nettie x

Julie Ann said...

Wanda- This tag is just perfect!! If I didn't know better, I'd think Wendy made it herself!!! What an awesome job you did! Pretty soon, you'll be working for Ranger.... Please give me some discounts! lol :)

Linda M. Cain said...

Simply STUNNING!!!! WOW!!! I am truly amazed, girl. What a fabulous project.

You really Rocked with Rock Candy!

Linda

peggy said...

love it Wanda, and so happy that you wond those goodies. Peggy

Lori said...

Awesome work! Can't wait to get that Rock Candy!

Rosemary said...

Very nice, Wanda. You may just have convinced me to try the stickles. lol Thanks for sharing.

Rosemary

Unknown said...

You did a great job Wanda ... you really must get the stamps too! Oh and BTW ... all three messages just came through on Yahoo ;0)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Wanda! Congratulations on the winnings!

2amscrapper said...

Hi! Here from Linda Cain's blog. Love your work!

tea said...

So I am not the only one you crack up?! LOL
Totally beautiful. And again, a product Norway has not heard of yet. As always, you are in the forefront of whats happening. A great inspiration to me!!!