Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Birthday Card

A birthday card for a special friend... she loves birds and flowers and art. Background is wrinkle free distress and all stamping is with Distress Inks... also used a Tim Holtz mask along the top. Bird is grungeboard and Distress crackle paint on it... after it was dry I used inks to add detail to the belly area, a glittery gem for the eye. Happy Birthday stamped on a scrap of the background, punched out, edged with ink, and a hole punched so it can be hung from the birds beak. A hole was made in the beak with an awl. Most of the flowers are colored and stamped with Distress inks, and Ideology snap, a brad, some buttons, and some Distress stickles are used in the centers of the flowers. All stamps except for Happy Birthdya are Tim Holtz, the Happy Birthday is an old Close to My Heart stamp.

3 comments:

inge said...

hello Wanda,

nice composition here too and the bird in blue crackle stands out great.

greetings from belgium
Inge

Elaine A said...

Wanda -

This is just so sweet. I love it. I really have to try out the crackle paint, I love the look.

Elaine Allen

PisforPaper said...

Really beautiful, I love it!!

HeatherH (ATT)