Wednesday, December 10, 2008

12 Days of Christmas Swap


I'm participating in a 12 Days of Christmas swap on the PID yahoo group. Today was the day the others opened my gift. I made magnets from ceramic tiles. You start by cleaning the tile... I just washed them in soap and water, rinsed them well and dried them. For the background I used alcohol inks and blending solution. The tile is edged with Krylon gold. The boy image is from PID (Paper Imagery Designs). The words are computer generated, cut out and sponged with Adirondack inks. I attached the image and words with Glossy Accents - using a paint brush I spread some Glossy Accents, layed down the image and brushed more Glossy Accents over it.. let that dry and then did the same thing for the words and let it dry (the Glossy Accents will make the Adirondack dye ink bleed a little but it wasn't noticable on this project). Then I put a thicker coat of Glossy Accents over the whole thing and let it dry. Lastly I added some Distress Stickles along the bottom.

3 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Wanda, these are fabulous and sound like they are easy to make as well! Great idea and great job on them! Kathy Eddy

Nettie said...

these are beautiful Wanda!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Wanda!
THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice commment!! You are one of the kindest people I know! I love ALL of your artwork on your blog . . . these little inchies totally INTRIGUE me!!! They are so much art in a little package!! I really LOVE them!!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!