Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Created Byhand Challenge - Thanks



This weeks challenge on Created Byhand is to use the word Thanks or Thank You. Just in time I got my new stamps from Quietfire Design which included 4 different thank you stamps so I used one. This is the larger of 2 similar stamps and I love the little hearts that are in the letters. On this card after I stamped the word I used the Inkssential white pen to highlight those little hearts. The base layer was done with alcohol inks. Stamped fiddleheads along the bottom. Added the mulberry paper and stamped the word and the bird on it. Added holes in the upper left corner using the Tim Holtz ruler and an awl. Wrapped the piece in red string and tied on a heart charm, also from Quietfire Design. Added a sequin flower to the upper left corner... coated it with Matte Accents so it wasn't to shiny and added a punched 1/8" circle to the center.

13 comments:

K said...

fantastic card Wanda!!!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Wanda-all your art posted today is so wonderful-I am especially loving this-the colors and the bird!!!!! Love it! Need to get some of Tim's masks. Just ordered a bunch of PID collage sheets. Now I need ot find time to play!!
hugs chris

Faye said...

What a gorgeous card, Wanda. Your alcohol ink background is super.

Sandy said...

Wow Wanda this is wonderful.
Fabulous card.

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Great stamps and what a very beautiful background. Love your card!!!

Moni said...

Klasse Karte.

Shirley said...

The background is just stunning and the main image and the locket are reallt great with your BG.

Deborah March said...

ANOTHER nice one from you Ms Wanda! I really like how you highlighted the tiny hearts...just perfect!

Rika said...

Gorgeous card, your background is wonderful!

nancy said...

Wow. I really like this one. There's something about crows that gets me every time, but it is beautiful work.
Nancy

Yogi said...

Oh that turned out really nice. Love the way you incorporated the fiddleheads and the crow...

Inka said...

I always love your art, you are just so talented. I wish I had the time to drop by more often but when I do get a chance it is as good as being in a candy store :)

theneon said...

This is absolutely lovely. This would be a special thank you indeed! Martha Kay