Sunday, September 28, 2008

Created Byhand Challenge - Dragonflies



This weeks challenge on the Created Byhand blog is dragonflies. I love dragonflies and during the summer I can always go walk around the pond and see plenty of them. Some of Quietfire Design's newest stamps are dragonflies. I used both the small dragonfly and the word "Dragonfly" on this ATC. The background is a technique in the Paper Transformed book where you brayer color onto glossy cardstock, add some perfect pearls that's been mixed with water to form a creamy paint, and spritz it all. I used gold but in the scan is looks very dark rather than shimmery. The dragonflies and word have been accented using the Inkssential white pen.

5 comments:

K said...

beautiful! love the background!

Shirley said...

Lovely card Wanda. I really like the little dots and the great dragonflies.

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Wanda!
I love your blog! Your artwork is BEAUTIFUL!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have won a blog award!!!!! Please visit my blog . . .

DINTOONS said...

such dreamy and elegant dragonflies!! nice work, and charming blog!! :)

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is beautiful..love how you have created a bandana effect with the butterflies! Well done!